Next week, starting on Tuesday, August 24th – Rockstar Games will be swiftly and
indefinitely banning all Gamertags and PSN IDs detected with hacked game
saves. Rockstar Games have stated that such cheating is a clear violation of their code of conduct, and punishable at their sole discretion.|
If you are one of these people, Rockstar Games are giving you this last chance: you have one week from today to
delete your hacked game save to be spared the hammer’s swift justice on
|Some notes to be aware of:|
* This will not apply to those people who simply took advantage of
temporary exploits to rapidly grind up XP a few weeks ago. We are able
to tell who actually hacked their save to have impossible scores.
* Banned hackers will also be removed from the leaderboards.
* To be spared, any hacked saves that you have will need to be deleted
– single player as well as multiplayer. You should be aware that
everything is wiped when deleting saves. These are the only exceptions:
- Players would keep any Achievements/Trophies they had already earned.
* After deleting your hacked game save(s), you will then need to go
online with Red Dead Redemption (prior to August 24th) for it to
register that you're now playing clean. For single-player saves, you
will need to re-play the game while connected until you gain access to
the safehouse at MacFarlane's ranch. For multiplayer saves, you will
need to play one full game online or do one Gang Hideout.
- All preorder items tied to their accounts would be unlocked for
them upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox
LIVE or PlayStation Network
- Any cheats earned through Social Club would be unlocked for them
upon signing in and creating a new save while connected to Xbox LIVE or
For more information; click here.