When hunting animals in the game, use these tips to your advantage:
- Some animals hunt in packs. If you see one deer, elk,
wolf, coyote or other animal, chances are that there will be others
nearby. Best to attack these on horseback so you don't lose one. This
doesn't apply to all animals.
- Never stand still in any
area in the game. Cougars, wolves, coyotes, bears, etcetera could be
around...they'll all attack you and have you dead in no time...
- Shooting dogs will place a bounty on your head as all of the dogs belong to the law men.
while hunting you encounter an ambient challenge where a man or woman
is running away from a pack of wolves, coyotes or some other animal,
save the person to get rewarded and hunt the animals at the same time
for their parts. A twofer!
- Tall Trees is home to some of
the most majestic animals in the game. Bears, elk, cougars, deer and
more. It's jam packed with hunting opportunity, if you've got the itch.
Sharpshooter Challenges for single player include the following:
- Sharpshooter 1: Shoot and kill five flying wild birds.
2: Shoot and kill five rabbits. Search for these around MacFarlane's
Ranch and dry areas such as the land around Armadillo.
3: Kill five coyotes before any coyote causes damage to your health.
Check for coyotes around Hanging Rock north of Armadillo or on the
hills surrounding MacFarlane's Ranch.
- Sharpshooter 4: Kill five flying birds from a moving train. The train is the red icon on your map.
5: Kill any two different types of wild animals in one Dead Eye meter.
This will unlock more ammunition at home and camp.
6: Shoot the hats off two different people's heads. Use Dead Eye for
this one at Twin Rocks, a hideout with enemies that have tall hats.
- Sharpshooter 7: Kill 3 bears with a single head shot each. Find these in Tall Trees.
- Sharpshooter 8: Shoot the hats off two people's heads and disarm two people. Again, Dead Eye is the key for this one.
9: Kill any six wild animals without reloading or changing weapons. A
good tip for this one is to go after vultures following successful
completion of a gang hideout.
- Sharpshooter 10: Disarm any
six enemies without reloading or changing weapons. One place to try
for this is at the saloon in Thieves’ Landing, and be sure to use Dead
Eye. This challenge will unlock the ability for Dead Eye to build
faster from shooting targets.