The latest edition in the Rockstar Games Tips series - this time covering the hunting aspect of Red Dead Redemption.|
Here are some tips in helping you hunt different animals:
- After hunting and skinning animals, keep in mind that the
further away the shop is from the native land of the animal that you
are selling, the more money they pay for the hides and parts.
you see a cougar, immediately take action and begin shooting. Best to
move side to side instead of running in one direction as the cougar
will follow right behind you.
- If you hear a rattling noise when riding your horse, climb off and retrace your steps. A rattlesnake is nearby...
- Use rifles on soaring birds as pistols and revolvers aren't as accurate at long range.
- When hunting deer, elk and other fast animals, stay on your horse so you don't lose them.
Master Hunter challenges for single player include the following:
More tips will be covered on the Rockstar Games Newswire in the near-future.
- Master Hunter 1: Collect five coyote pelts by killing
five coyotes, skinning the carcasses and collecting the pelts.
Search around Hanging Rock north of Armadillo or on the hills
surrounding MacFarlane's Ranch.
- Master Hunter 2: Collect
five deer pelts by killing five deer and skinning them. One place
you'll find them is prancing about in Hennigan's Stead.
- Master Hunter 3: Kill five wolves with your melee knife and collect five wolf pelts. Look for wolves south of Blackwater and north of MacFarlane's Ranch.
Hunter 4: Collect five boar tusks and three armadillo carapaces in
addition to those you already have. Search for boars southwest of
Thieves Landing and for armadillos in the areas surrounding Armadillo
and Ridgewood Farm.
- Master Hunter 5: Kill two cougars with your melee knife and collect two cougar pelts. This will unlock the Buffalo Rifle in town weapon shops.
Hunter 6: Collect five raccoon pelts, five skunk pelts and five fox
pelts in addition to those you already have. Look for these around
Armadillo at night, and in Tall Trees in the green regions.
Hunter 7: Collect five elk meat and five bighorn skins in addition to
those you already have. Search for elk in the snowy region of Tall
- Master Hunter 8: Kill a bear with your melee knife and collect a bear pelt. Bears are found in Tall Trees.
- Master Hunter 9: Search Ojo Del Diablo for Khan the jaguar and collect his pelt.
Hunter 10: Search Aurora Basin for Lobo the Wolf, Stillwater Creek for
Gordo the Boar and Nekoti Rock for Brumas the Bear. This will unlock
the ability to harvest vittles from animals that create a consumable