Rockstar Games have continued their games tips series with a new addition for the Red Dead Redemption: Liars and Cheats/Undead Nightmare expansions. Here is what they say, is the "most effective strategy of ensuring victory" in the Liars Dice:|
|First up, let's recap how the game actually works:
- You'll start Liar's Dice with a cup and five dice. The game
automatically takes care of shaking up the dice and slamming the cup on
the table for each player. This happens at the beginning of the game and
again whenever a player loses a die during the game.
- Look at your dice. Other players cannot see what you have, so
this is where you’ll need to begin guessing what other players might
- When it's your turn to bid, you're first going to choose a side
of die: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6. Then you are going to guess how many of that
side of die are face up on the table, meaning the total number of that
one die under all cups. For example, you have two 6's under your cup in a
game with six players. It's a pretty good bet early in a game that with
so many other dice on the table, there's probably another 6 under
someone else's cup. So a very safe bet would be three 6's.
- After you bid three 6's, the player sitting to your left has three options:
- Raise the bid to anything above three 6's (example: four 1's, four 2's, and so on).
- Call the bid spot-on. If it turns out that there are exactly
three 6's on the table and the bid is called spot-on, everyone but the
current bidder will lose a die.
- Call your bluff. If the bidder doesn't think there are
actually three 6's on the table, calling a bluff will result in you
losing one die if there aren't three on the table, or the bidder losing
one die if there are three or more.
- As the game nears the end and more dice disappear, bids gets
lower (example: one 5, two 3's) and players run out of dice, making
things even more interesting.
- The last person with one or more dice remaining wins.